The Scoop on Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths
By Dr. Ted Eisenberg and Joyce K. Eisenberg
Paperback: 208 pages
Kindle version: 1013 KB
More than 200 actual patient questions are
answered in the book. Below is a sampling:
Chapter 1: A Tale of Two Titties
Booby basics: The who, what, where, when and why of developing.
- My mom has big breasts. Why don’t I?
- I just turned 18. Is it still possible for my breasts to grow?
- What exercises should I do to make my breasts bigger?
- Does my left breast look a little bigger to you?
Chapter 2: The ABCs of Double Ds
Breast implants: Separating fact from fiction.
- Do silicone gel implants feel more natural?
- Do breast implants glow in the dark?
- Do implants get in the way of reading a mammogram?
- Will my breast implants freeze up in really cold weather?
Chapter 3: To Be or Not to Be a C or a D
Breast augmentation: The road from “thinking about it” to “doing it” is paved with questions like these.
- Will I be able to breastfeed after I get breast implants?
- Will my breasts feel unnatural when people touch them?
- Will the weight of the implants make my breasts saggy?
- What will happen to my breasts when I turn 65?
Chapter 4: Size Matters
Do you want to be proportional, turn heads or stop traffic?
- Can you make me a full C cup?
- Should I put a bag of birdseed in my bra to see how I’ll look with bigger breasts?
- How do I know what size implants to get?
- Will bigger breasts help me get a job?
Chapter 5: Tits & Ask
Time to get down to business and take care of the details with our T&A Q&A.
- How much does it cost to go from an A cup to a C cup?
- Will you take a diamond ring for payment?
- Does the price include anesthesia?
- Does the doctor’s wife have implants?
Chapter 6: Surgery: Ready, Set, Go
Everyone loves those before and after photos, but here’s what happens in between.
- Can I keep my piercings in during surgery?
- Do I need a mammogram?
- If I smoked weed this morning, can I have surgery?
- Will the entire hospital staff see my breasts?
Chapter 7: Recovery: Is That Normal?
What to expect in Week One, getting back to work and workouts, and more.
- I can’t sleep on my back. What am I going to do?
- Am I crazy? I think I hear my implants sloshing around.
- If my incisions open, will my implants fall out?
- How soon can I wear my bulletproof vest?
Chapter 8: The Three Rs: Raise, Reduce, Replace
Mother Nature and Father Time have their own agendas, but that doesn’t stop us from trying to fool them.
- How saggy is saggy enough to need a breast lift?
- How do I know if I need a lift and implants?
- I’m on a diet. Should I wait to get a breast reduction?
- What happens when an implant breaks?